Each week, HOPE of Winston-Salem prepares and distributes over 1,000 nutritious meals to children and nearly 1,500 pounds of fresh produce to their families. In order to make this happen, we need many types of supplies, from food to packaging materials. We truly appreciate any in-kind donations that come our way!!
There are lots of options listed below. Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or at 336-816-0801 with any questions or to arrange a drop off or pickup of items collected.
Meal Program Wish List
- Sliced Bread (NO NUTS, NO RYE Bread)
- Gas Gift Cards (Speedway, BP, etc.)
- Bottled Water (individual 8-oz size bottles)
- Brown Paper Lunch Bags (6 lb. size)
- Quart-Size Zip Lock Bags
- Paper Napkins
- Individual Fruit Snacks (Welch’s, etc.)
Donate Fresh Produce
Our distribution sites are all found in food deserts, where access to fresh produce is extremely limited. Our distribution of nearly 1,500 lbs. of fresh produce each week helps put healthy food options on the table for hundreds of families in need. If you are a gardener, a farmer, a wholesaler, restaurant or retailer, we would love to partner with you!
A list of the most requested items is below, but we would be grateful to receive most any fresh fruits or vegetables. The only limitation would be large melons (they are difficult to put into bags with other items).
10 Ways to Donate Supplies
- Organize a supply drive with your school, church, business or organization
- Put all those plastic and paper grocery bags you have been stockpiling to good use and donate them to us!
- If you are a restaurant that uses fresh produce, order a couple extra cases next time and donate them to us!
- If you are a baker, check out the healthy treats wish list and if you see things you normally purchase, buy a little extra next time and donate to us!
- In lieu of birthday presents, ask friends & family to purchase items from our wish lists
- Be on the lookout for any buy one, get one deals at your local grocer and donate extras to us!
- Rescue any unused fruit or bottled water from events, luncheons, business meetings, etc.
- If you grow produce, consider donating any unsold or unused product before it goes bad!
- If you are shopping at a Farmers Market, pick up a few extra items and donate them to us!
- Offer a discount at your store/business if a customer brings in items to donate to HOPE of Winston Salem