- 3/4 pound zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 3/4 pound yellow squash, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1. Place zucchini, squash, and onion in a medium glass bowl.
2. Combine remaining 1 teaspoon salt, 1 cup water, and remaining ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil, and pour over vegetables. Weigh down vegetables with a plate. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight. Drain or serve with a slotted spoon.