H.O.P.E. of Winston-Salem is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of children in food-insecure neighborhoods in Forsyth County by providing nutritious food onsite and connecting families to onsite life-needs education. Every weekend year-round, H.O.P.E. provides 1,200 fresh, healthy meals to children at risk of hunger and 1,500 lbs. of assorted produce to families, promoting brain development and school performance and improving family eating habits for better long-term health. To aid families in developing healthy lives, classes are offered at community rooms in cooking with fresh produce, shopping for fresh food on a limited budget, exercise, gardening, and art/STEM activities. Empowerment of families and skill development are crucial for upward mobility and family health.
We have a position available for a part-time Development Director. The Director will be responsible for organizing fundraising events; supervising marketing, publicity, media and social media; maintaining donor records; researching and writing grant applications; recruiting participation and support from new groups, corporations and volunteers. The Development Director will serve in an Independent Contractor capacity.
The strongest candidate will be committed to the mission and vision of H.O.P.E., be able to communicate well, and be able to work with diverse groups and individuals. Previous experience in the nonprofit sector is highly desirable.
Interested? Please email cover letter and resume to Scott Best at email@example.com.
Development Director H.O.P.E. of Winston-Salem, Inc.
JOB TITLE: Development Director
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
FLSA STATUS: Part-time, hourly Independent Contractor position
DATE: November, 2017
BASIC FUNCTION: Organize fundraising events; coordinate marketing, publicity, media and social media; maintain donor records; research and write grant applications; recruit participation and support from new groups, corporations and volunteers.
– Organize annual fall gala and other fundraising events and opportunities throughout the year, coordinating with committee members and volunteers
– Research and write grant applications and submit subsequent reports
– Work with Executive Director and marketing/publicity committee to communicate with potential donors and other potential supporters
– Coordinate media and marketing efforts through social media and website
– Assist in maintaining donor records and statistics
– Attend and/or coordinate speakers for public engagements and keep presentation materials updated
– Foster new corporate involvement with H.O.P.E. financially as well as through volunteer involvement and in-kind donations
– Attend board meetings and report on progress
– Increase newsletters to email list from quarterly to monthly
– Develop Marketing Plan, coordinating with marketing/publicity committee
– Develop a stronger media presence
– Establish a donor base using new software system and create breakdown by level, consistency, corporate vs. private
– Increase annual contribution levels by $90,000 by the end of two years
– Two major fundraising events per year
– Increase net proceeds from the gala by 20%
– Increase faith group collaboration from 68 to 86 within two years
– Double faith group contributions by the end of two years
– Develop a corporate solicitation plan; add five new corporate sponsors
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
– Commitment to the mission and vision of H.O.P.E. of Winston-Salem
– Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing
– Public speaking skills
– Computer skills and ability to learn and master other computer software programs as necessary
– Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and relationship-building skills
– Ability to work with diverse groups and individuals
– Ability to maintain cordial working relationships with fellow employees, volunteers and partner agency personnel
– Self-starter requiring minimal supervision
– Previous experience with nonprofits, marketing/publicity and grant writing is highly desirable
– Provide own transportation
– Extensive use of telephone and computer
– Ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time